what we believe
Calvary Community Church is a part of the Wesleyan denomination. We have been located in the Greater Binghamton, New York area since 1988. Our attendees come from many church backgrounds, both Protestant and Catholic. We are an evangelical church which holds the following tenets of beliefs:
- We believe that the Bible is the word of God and is inspired and inerrant as originally given.
- We believe that God is eternal, three persons in One: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless perfect life, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection and His present domination at the right hand of God the Father.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to lead a Godly life, and whose baptism provides power for service.
- We believe in the resurrection from the dead of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved, into the resurrection of life, and those who have not known God, into the resurrection of judgment.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the table of the Lord, commonly called Communion or the Lord's Supper for believers.
- We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory to receive His church unto Himself.